Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hamburger Helper Rice Oriental

I love this style of Hamburger Helper but they have been removing it from the shelves in the grocery stores I shop at. I believe you can order it by the case from the company but who wants to do that all the time? So here is a recipe I came across to make it yourself at home. I have not tried this yet, but want to in the near future.

Homemade Rice Oriental

What you Need:

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 TBSP oil
2/3 c. uncooked rice
3 c. boiling water
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 TBSP soy sauce

What to Do:

In large skillet, brown beef and onion in oil, breaking up beef with a spoon. Pour off excess fat. Stir in rice and brown briefly. Add remaining ingredients. Cover; cook 20-25 minutes or until rice has absorbed bouillon and is tender. Serves 4.

If you should decide to use brown rice instead of white, increase cooking time to 45 minutes or until rice is tender.

No comments: